Whether you’re getting married this year or simply have weddings on the brain, Pinterest is the go-to source of all big day inspo. But it’s no longer traditional white tiered cakes and princess dresses people are searching for – the site has identified a long list of new trends for 2018 that will give you plenty of ideas for your nuptials.
1. Backdrop NecklacesSearch up: 207% Conventional jewellery is no longer a pre-requisite – fashion-forward brides are looking to more creative ways of accessorising their look. Add interest to a plunging back with a long chain necklace – pearls nod to more traditional trends whilst embellished designs have a modern feel.
2.CapesSearch up: 88% Dress designers are always coming up with new ways to cover up bare skin, but some are now ditching the long-sleeve look in favour of a more glamorous cape. Try floor skimming designs for some added drama, or short, bolero-like pieces in sequins or fur for an alternative to accessories.
3. Fig Cakes Search up: 575% Forget traditional white tiered cakes – modern brides are looking to naked cakes, fruit-laden designs and even foliage accessories, with figs coming out as the decoration of choice.
Flats Search up: 119% 4.Wedding shoes are all well and good for the photos, but party-ready brides are looking to flat shoes for a more comfortable alternative. With designers putting more and more effort into creative luxe flats, it’s easier than ever to find white, embellished shoes for your big day.
5. High NecklinesSearch up: 351% More and more brides are eschewing the ‘naked’ wedding dress trend in favour of more traditional, covered-up designs. Much like fashion is moving in a more modest direction, high-necklines and concealed arms are a win for 2018 brides
6. Jumpsuits Search up: 178% Traditionalists may balk at the idea of wedding day jumpsuits, but brides looking for a less conventional look are loving the proliferation of big-day appropriate styles. Look to brands like House of Ollichon and Naeem Khan for unique designs.
7.Metallic Decorations Search up: 476% It’s not just interiors being permeated by metallics – silver, gold and bronze wedding decorations are replacing more conventional pinks and creams as modern colour schemes. Try everything from chairs to crockery for a cool twist.
8.Midnight Snacks Search up: 236% Following the American trend for DIY wedding food, Brits are looking more and more to quirky ways to feed their guests. Whilst the traditional breakfast format still stands, late night snacks are becoming a popular added extra – everything from popcorn to pick’n’mix goes.
9. Rose Dresses Search up: 46% If you’ve never been able to picture yourself in a big white dress, perhaps this year’s pink trend will be more up your street. Our advice? If you’re going to do it, go very, very pale – you may just end up regretting a bright pink look.
10.Suspended Flowers Search up: 346% Flowers will always have the power to make a room, but they don’t have to just adorn tables anymore. Whether strung up in jam jars for an eclectic look or arranged dramatically over place settings, hanging flowers are 2018’s hottest floral trend.
Blog original post @sheerluxe